Rebecca is a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist with Speech Pathology Australia. She graduated from City University in London and has experience working with children in a variety of settings including clinics, schools and hospitals. As well as working in Melbourne, Rebecca has provided speech pathology in remote Western Australia and, most recently, in Phnom Penh Cambodia.
Rebecca is always keen to develop her clinical expertise and is qualified in a number of therapy approaches to help your child with their individual needs. These include:
- The Spalding Method of Literacy Development – to help children of all ages with their reading and spelling
- DIR Floortime Approach – to develop emotional and communication skills in children with autism
- PROMPT – to assist children with speech production disorders
- The Lidcombe Program – for young children who stutter
- PODD Communication Books – Alternative communication access for non-verbal children
- Secret Agents’ Society – a fantastic social skills program for children with high-functioning autism
- SOS Approach to Feeding – to assess and treat children with problematic feeding behaviours
Rebecca loves working in Melbourne’s inner-west. She feels exceptionally lucky to live in such an amazing city and likes to make the most of our cafes, cinemas and bike lanes. Rebecca enjoys learning new languages (currently Spanish) and has just started learning the martial art, Aikido.